ARTE KINO FESTIVAL Cookies Policy
This page informs you about:
Cookies used on the ARTE KINO FESTIVAL website.
- What is a cookie?
- The cookie banner
- The list of cookies and their purpose
Management of your cookie preferences (how to accept or reject cookies)
1. INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES USED
- What is a cookie?
The term cookies means “all trackers left and/or read, for example, when visiting a website, reading an email, installing or using software or a mobile application” regardless of the device used. It is therefore information placed (sometimes in a simple text file) on the hard disk of the user's receiving device by the website or application server. It can contain several data such as the name of the server that left it, a login in the form of a unique number or an expiration date. A server accesses it to read and record this information.
- The purpose of cookies
Cookies have several purposes. They make browsing easier, store your preferences and make interaction between you and the website faster and easier. They can also allow websites to target Internet users through advertising or marketing campaigns based, for example, on their place of residence or their purchases or Internet browsing habits. Some cookies are linked to the website you are browsing, others depend on external websites that manage content on the page you are browsing (cookies of third-party websites). For example, a website may use the services of a statistical company that will use its own cookies to count visitors.
- How does a cookie banner work?
In accordance with CNIL recommendations, ARTE France CINEMA and MOVING SCOPE have set up a cookie acceptance banner that appears when you enter one of its pages. This banner informs you of the purpose of cookies, the option of blocking said cookies and the fact that continuing your browsing is equivalent to agreeing to the placement of cookies on your device.
The duration of this consent is a maximum of thirteen months.
In addition, it appears when you first connect to the website, once a year after your consent has expired, whenever a new purpose is added to those initially planned or when you clear your computer's cache (to learn more about this, go to the section “How to set your cookie preferences”.
The list of cookies on the ARTE KINO FESTIVAL website and their purpose:
TYPE OF COOKIES NAME OF COOKIES PURPOSE COLLECTING THE INTERNET USER’S CONSENT Cookies necessary for website operation
- Device viewing
- Symfony Cookies
- Cookie banner consent
- Identification of device used to browse
- PHP Session
- Operating Symfony Framework
NO Audience measurement cookies
- Google Analytics
Allows us to measure our audience YES Marketing cookies Omnisense Allows us to address our users in a personalized way YES
2. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIE PREFERENCES (HOW TO ACCEPT OR REJECT COOKIES)
- Management of cookie preferences directly from your web browser
In addition, you may also decide to delete cookies already stored on your computer. This action will result in the display of the cookie banner and cookie consent management tool the next time you connect to our website.
For cookie management, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in your browser’s help menu, which will allow you to find out how to change your cookie preferences.
To find out how to proceed, visit the weblinks below depending on your browser type:
- Some CNIL tips for understanding cookies
The CNIL website has tips to help you understand cookies
Here are their 4 tips:
- Blocking third party cookies.“Third-party cookies are not usually required to take advantage of resources available on the internet. If you want to limit being tracked, it is advisable to reject them by default.”
- Prevent the installation of the most common trackers. “Numerous extensions allow you to block the various trackers. For example, for the Chrome browser, DoNotTrackMe, Disconnect, Ghostery, etc.”
- Block social network sharing buttons. “When you visit websites that have social network buttons, the latter are informed of your visit. It is therefore recommended that you block this tracking as long as you do not want to share the website you are visiting. This blocking of social network buttons such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. can be obtained using the free open source software extension called Privacy badger.”
- Limit tracking in Adobe Flash.“It is recommended that you change these settings by connecting to the online settings manager, but if the Flash website offers deactivation to prevent storage on computers, it is not 100% effective. LSO cookies (Flash) resist the procedure for deleting “traditional” cookies via the web browser. Rather than manually deleting LSO cookies, it is possible to download an extension to your browser that will allow you to delete them each time you close the browser. For example, Betterprivacy for Firefox.”
For more information: